Alex is an Executive Coach and Facilitator with GoInnovation, a global consulting and leadership development organization providing executive and life coaching, team building, organizational development, and society-building.
Alex holds a Masters Degree in Health Sciences and has spent over seven years performing neurosurgery.
His areas of interest include emotional intelligence, communication, and bridging cross-cultural differences of business, nations, ethnicities, and people.
Links and Show Notes
- Connect with Alex Lange
- Daniel Goleman and Emotional Intelligence
- Dieter Rams’ Principles of Good Design
- VUCA (Vision, Understanding, Clarity, Agility)
- Growth Mindset
- Difficulty of people being more human in an increasingly techno-centric world [02:16]
- Complex idea of being happy and sad is more human [07:07]
- Interconnection between Neurosurgery and Leadership Development [08:18]
- Helping people empower one another [11:50]
- The concept of Deep Fakes [13:11]
- VUCA Leadership [15:44]
- A leadership gap – ‘Saying vs. Doing’ [19:00]
- Leadership through the lens of Good Design [20:31]
- Adult learning by watching, by doing [24:01]
- Dynamic Dialogue during meetings [25:57]
- Practical ways of creating Dynamic Dialogue [27:56]
- Difference between Good and Great Leaders [34:11]
- Meeting without an agenda [34:56]
- Picking the nuance of body language [36:08]
- Work-Life Harmony vs. Work-Life Balance [37:69]
- “What kind of a person am I?” – Work-first vs. Family-first [41:30]
- Integration between work and life leads to harmony [45:15]
- Checking-off a box on job description [47:09]
- Adult learning [48:13]
- Fixed Mindset vs. Growth Mindset [54:14]
- A Framework for being More Human and a Better Leader [57:51]
- Becoming Self-Aware and adding a Human Factor to Leadership [01:08:09]
ContraMinds is available on all leading podcast players.
For more cool stuff join us on: