Pooja Jauhari is the former Group CEO of VMLY&R India, and former CEO of The Glitch. Over her two-decade-long career, Pooja has worked with some of the biggest brands in the country and the world, and introduced powerful campaigns to society.
Pooja has worked with some brilliant people and has held important responsibilities over the past 20 years. She is the Founder of Seat At The Table, an unbiased investment and advisory initiative to invest in companies and people that are built on a purpose.
Prior to her appointment in the VMLY&R network, Pooja was the CEO of The Glitch, a high-performance creative company that has worked hard to create a workspace that is gender blind, inclusive and progressive. The Glitch was acquired by WPP, the world’s largest marketing communications company in 2017, and integrated into the VMLY&R network within WPP in 2020.
Before The Glitch, Pooja worked with Unilever, JWT and Times of India. With two recessions & a pandemic under her belt, her work in leadership has included a variety of business models, people, challenges and marketplaces.
She has been honoured with the IMPACT 50 Most Influential Award in 2018, 2019, 2021 and 2022.
In conversation with Swami, Pooja talks about:
– Her formative years and how she built her foundational value systems
– How youngsters need to structure their career
– Running a company through recession and volatility
– What the marketing department of the future may look like
– Getting comfortable with being silent
– Skills today’s marketers need to equip themselves with
-Tactical Vs Strategic Frameworks
– The Creative Guy and The Data Guy
– Challenges in scaling a services company in the creative industry
– Me needs to be the servant of we
– The learnings from VP to CEO
– Strategic Thinking as a CEO